Join hundreds of your peers from different states to network, attend workshops and meetings, and explore Washington, DC!
Only 250 youth delegates and chaperones can participate. To maximize the number of youth delegates, we ask that cities keep as close as possible to a ratio of 1 chaperone for every 4 delegates from their city.
The Youth Delegate Planning Committee is already working hard to put together a great conference for youth delegates at the 2020 Congressional City Conference. If you are planning to attend the conference and would like to join the planning committee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference will provide:
- Interactive leadership-building opportunities;
- Social and networking opportunities with fellow youth delegates, mentors and elected officials;
- Opportunities to attend workshops and activities;
- Challenging and inspiring speakers and presenters, and
- A spotlight on youth voice and youth councils in government!
A Youth Delegate is a high school student, aged 13 through 18, who is engaged in a youth council/advisory board or other civic activity. Please use these other registration categories if you are not a Youth Delegate:
- Students are students in higher education institutions attending the conference for academic purposes.
- Spouse/Guests may include children under the age of 13, typically children of elected officials attending the conference.
- Neither Students nor Guests participate in Youth Delegate activities.
If you’re as excited as we are about the upcoming Congressional City Conference, please help us spread the word to more youth councils in your area by sharing this page. Please check back frequently for updates and new details!